Stryker Physio-Control LUCAS 2 Features
- The device maintains consistent chest compression over a long period of time.
- Used to perform external cardiac compressions on adult patients who have circulatory arrest defined as absence of spontaneous breathing and pulse, and loss of consciousness.
- Backplate that gets positioned underneath the patient as a support for the external chest compressions.
- Upper part that contains the proprietary and rechargeable LUCAS battery and the compression mechanism with disposable suction cup.
- About 45 minutes battery runtime.
Stryker Physio-Control LUCAS 2 Specifications
- Height: 22” (57 cm)
- Width: 20.5” (52 cm)
- Depth: 9.4” (24 cm)
- Weight: 17.2 lbs (7.8 kg)
- Adult patients who fit into the device; sternum height of 6.7 to 11.9 inches / 170 to 303 mm; a maximum chest width of 17.7 inches / 449 mm
- The use of LUCAS is not restricted by patient weight.
- Compression Depth: 1.5 to 2.0 inches / 4 to 5 cm from the Start Position
- Compression Frequency: 100 ± 5 compressions per minute
- Compression Duty Cycle: 50 ± 5%
- Compression Modes (operator selectable): 30:2 (30 compressions followed by a 3 seconds ventilation pause); Continuous compressions
- Type: Rechargeable Lithium Ion Polymer (LiPo)
- Capacity: 3300 mAh (typical), 86 Wh
- Battery Voltage (nominal): 25.9 V
- Initial Battery Runtime (nominal patient): 45 minutes (typical)
- Maximum Battery Charge Time: Less than 4 hours at room temperature (72ºF / 22ºC)
- Required Interval for Replacement of the LUCAS Battery: Recommendation to replace the Battery every 3 years or after 200 uses (of more than 10 minutes use each time)
- Operating Temperature: +32°F to +104°F / +0°C to +40°C
- Storage Temperature: -4°F to +158°F / -20°C to +70°C
- Relative Humidity: 5% to 98%, non-condensing
- IP Classification (IEC60529): IP 43
- Operating Input Voltage: 12-24 V DC