Philips HeartStart FR2 Features
- Portable, light AED.
- Easy-to-use design and superior technology.
- Automatically performes self-tests, which results in very little maintenance.
- Internal memory stores summaries of information from incidents.
- Non-rechargeable lithium battery.
- Adult and infant/child pads.
- Small and light design.
- LCD Screen.
- SMART biphasic waveform.
- SMART Analysis – Analyzes a patients ECG and determines whether a shock should be delivered.
Philips Heartstart FR2 Features
- Height: 2.6 in. (6.6 cm)
- Width: 8.6 in. (21.8 cm)
- Depth: 8.6 in. (21.8 cm)
- Weight (With battery): 4.7 lbs (2.1 kg)
- 12 VDC 4.2 Ah, lithium manganese dioxide
- Disposable, recyclable, long-life, primary cell
- Capacity: 300 shocks or 12 hours of operating time
- Shelf-Life: 5 Years
- High-resolution backlight LCD
- Height: 2.3 in. (5.8 cm)
- Width: 2.8 in. (7 cm)
- Waveform: Biphasic truncated exponential. Waveform parameters are automatically adjusted as a function of patient defibrillation impedance.
- Energy: Using adult defibrillator pads: 150 J nominal (±15%) into a 50 ohm load. Using infant/child reduced-energy defibrillator pads: 50 J nominal (±15%) into a 50 ohm load.
- Charge Control: Controlled by Patient Analysis System for automated operation.
- Charge Time: Typically less than 10 seconds. Charge time increases at the end of battery life.
- Monitored Lead: ECG information is received from adult defibrillator pads in anterior-anterior (Lead II) position or from FR2 infant/child reduced-energy defibrillator pads in anterior-posterior position.
- Frequency Response (Bandwidth): Nondiagnostic rhythm monitor 1 Hz to 20 Hz (-3 dB), nominal.
- Sensitivity: 1.16 cm/mV, nominal.
- Heart Rate: 30 to 300 bpm, updated each analysis period.
- Capacity: 8 hours of event and ECG data, or 60 minutes with voice recording.
- Operating Temperature: 32° F to 122 °F (0° C to 50° C)
- Operating Humidity: 0% to 95% RH (Relative Humidity)
- Standby Temperature: 32° F to 109° F (0° C to 43° C)
- Standby Humidity: 0% to 75% RH
ECG Analysis System
- Function: Evaluates the impedance of defibrillation pads for proper contact with patient skin, and evaluates the ECG rhythm and signal quality to determine if a shock is appropriate.
- Protocols: Follows pre-programmed settings to match local EMS guidelines or medical protocols. The settings can be modified using the setup options.
- Shockable Rhythms: Ventricular fibrillation (VF) and certain ventricular tachycardias, including ventricular flutter and polymorphic ventricular tachycardia (VT). The HeartStart AED uses multiple parameters to determine if a rhythm is shockable.
- Asystole: On detection of asystole, provides CPR prompt at the programmed interval.
- Pacemaker Detection: On detection of a pacemaker (in advanced mode or with M3848A ECG display cable), provides a screen display of PACEMAKER DETECTED alert, and M3860A includes pacemaker artifact in ECG display. In both models, pacemaker artifact is removed from the signal for rhythm analysis.
- Artifact Detection: If electrical “noise” (artifact) is detected which interferes with accurate rhythm analysis, the analysis will be delayed until the ECG signal is clean.
- Analysis Protocol: Depending on the results of the analysis, either prepare for shock delivery or provides a pause.